A future PDC Government shall make sure that all CONSTITUENCIES and electoral (polling) districts are renamed in this country.
Thus, that there shall no longer be the St Michael South CONSTITUENCY, the St. George North CONSTITUENCY, the St. John CONSTITUENCY, the St. Lucy CONSTITUENCY, Christ Church East CONSTITUENCY, the St. James Central CONSTITUENCY, the St. Philip West CONSTITUENCY, etc.
Thus, there shall no longer be electoral ( polling ) districts DA 1, DA 2, DA 3, and all the others within the national CONSTITUENCY ( the total number of CONSTITUENCIES in the country).
Such a policy shall also apply to any future CONSTITUENCIES and future electoral ( polling) districts that ( in regard of CONSTITUENCIES ) are created and that are so named on the basis of the parishes in which they fall ( exclusively or substantially ), and that (in regard of electoral ( polling ) districts) are created in any of the CONSTITUENCIES and that carry such nondescript meaningless titles, in between the time now and whenever we become at the helm of government in this country
These CONSTITUENCIES and districts shall be so named after prominent Barbadians who either in the past or in the present ( at the same time ) would have done great and extraordinary service to the particular CONSTITUENCIES, or would have been outstanding in whatever fields in life and would have arisen from or resided in those particular CONSTITUENCIES and electoral districts or would have been for whatever reasons established for a good deal of time in them.
Hence, we strongly believe in the following and more –
1) that CONSTITUENCIES must as much as possible be seen by many Barbadians as being different from the entire colonial names and other colonial and post colonial human made things that are politically governmentally characteristic of the parishes in this country;
2) that CONSTITUENCIES for purely electoral political purposes must as much as possible have their own identities;
3) that such identities must center around paying homage and respect to the personalities that would have rendered – that would have been rendering outstanding meritorious service in whatever regards in those CONSTITUENCIES;
4) that those present and past personalities by being granted such recognition would bring a greater sense of local history and culture to many others of the real meaning and importance of CONSTITUENTS/CONSTITUENCIES;
5) that by granting such recognition would also entail the beginning of a substantial redefinition in the political language and behaviour associated with the theoretical CONSTITUENCY away from the primary operating variables – voting – party – Representation of the People’s Act – House of Assembly seats – to where it ( definitional language ) rightfully “modernistically” belong – CONSTITUENCY BUILDING – the CONSTITUENT – a CONSTITUENTS Bill of Rights – CONSTITUENCY ASSEMBLIES – WHERE CONSTITUENTS will initiate and debate and pass the laws of this country
6) that with the establishment of such features ( in 5 ), and other relevant features, the further development of the nation building process shall be guaranteed away from, and as a partial substitute for – the excessive party based governmental politics that is too much corrupting and dividing our country.
7) that electoral ( polling) districts – being themselves constituent parts of CONSTITUENCIES – must actually reflect all the above and more considerations – (1 to 6 ).
So, there you go.
VOTE PDC for real and substantial change for the better in Barbados.